Translate

Friday, February 25, 2011

New Books!!!

 Today the UPS man so thoughtfully delivered my new books on a
day that needed some sunshine. I love both of them and can't seem to settle on which one to sit and read first!! I met Allie many years ago as we shared a room at the Crazy Quilt convention in Omaha. At that time she was fairly new on the CQ scene but she was already making us drool with her beautiful work!! I am so thrilled to have added her book to my collection!!

The other book I had heard alot of talk about on the Art Quilt List on Yahoo so I had to check it out and since the library didn't have it what else could I do??? LOL It is another beautiful book with great info and wonderful quilts to look at. I think it will inspire me to get some quilts made when mom moves out of the sewing room in another week. I can't wait to get my room back and get some sewing done again!!! I will miss mom and worry about her going home to her apartment and feeling too far away from her if she needs me but she wants to try it so we will.


 I had to share a picture of Minnie, she is sitting under my chair by the sliding glass door watching the birds at the feeder. I have tried to get some good pictures but the screen door is closed and all you see is screen!! I did get one decent shot of the snow that is piled up outside again this morning. We got over 5" again last night and the wind has blown it around alot today. I am grateful to be able to stay inside and not have to wonder out in it!!
Hope you are safe and warm where ever you are!!
Blessings.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the kind comment about my necklace that I made at an artful journey, it is always nice when someone leaves a comment. Your crazy quilt book looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by! Talk to me!!