Translate

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving! Sweet Creating!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my sweet friends that visit me here! I hope that you all had a blessed day! We had a lovely lunch and then got a few chores done! We are so thankful that DH was released from the hospital yesterday so that he was at home with us. He has been one sick cookie and hopefully will be doing better soon. This evening after a quick trip to Micheals (gotta love a sale during the football game! and they had the most gorgeous velvet ribbon ie: on the mittens)) I made up a couple mittens as seen on The Feathered Nest blog. Dawn has a free tutorial and they are so darn sweet. Easy to make and you can add your own touches. I loved them, I did add some fiberfil, not alot but a tiny touch to give them some body. Not a great picture but I hope that you get the idea. The fabric candy canes I (think) I found on Craft gossip. It is a daily newsletter that I receive that always has wonderful ideas. I think there is at least one per day that I see that I want to try! I will be digging through my Christmas fabric stash to make more of these, another Oh sew easy idea!! Hope you enjoy these little crafts that I whipped up this afternoon. DD and I are off early in the AM to do some shopping, must for JoAnn's and some others!! Have a great weekend!


6 comments:

  1. Hi Karen, sounds like you had a busy and blessed day. I love those little mittens. I have seen everyone making them, and Dawn is just so talented. They are darling! Have a great rest of the weekend!
    blessings,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mittens turned out quite lovely. I LOVE velvet ribbbon! Hope DH is better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute,cute goodies that you made. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!!
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's some cute candy canes here: http://lavieenrosie.typepad.com/lavieenrosie/2009/11/day-10-queen-for-a-day-.html

    Are they about the same? I found some stripes but haven't had time, yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ruby,
    Thanks! That is exactly where I got the pattern! Had to buy alittle different fabric to make some more of them! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi sweet Karen, your mitten ornaments are just beautiful!!!!! I love the slight stuffing of them ~ some people have left the wrist opened and filled them with goodies too!!! I do hope and pray that your husband is on the mend ~ hospitals are so stressful, hugs and love, Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by! Talk to me!!