Translate

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Crazy Quilt Block returns Home

I was so pleased to get my Season To Season Block, winter back this weekend. It had been in the mail, getting forwarded!! Susan in Iowa did half of the work on this block. The close up shows the heart she did and a piece of lace she added. I just am thrilled with what she did for me.

The next two pictures are of Gayle's block from the FFT#11  RR. I shared a picture with you before but here is my finished work on it. I added the word joy, some tatting, rayon seam binding, buttons and a seam treatment. I hope she will like the work that I have done. It was a little tough to work on a Christmas block when there is Spring in the air but I got it done!!

Speaking of Spring the pollen is finally settling done. The great yellow dust that covers everything is gone. I had never experienced this before so it was a bit of a shock to find everything covered in yellow dust!!! The roses are in bloom and so many of the trees are just gorgeous here!!

Below is a seam treatment that I worked on for this month's challenge for CQI. We were to have used 5-6 different stitches in one combination of stitches. I used French knots, straight stitch, cross stitch, back stitch, and chain stitch.  It is so nice to be back to stitching. I have done some more work on my needle roll for StitchMap's CQ class. I need to get the rest of the pieces unpacked so that I can get on with that class. Hard to believe that they are still packed.

The unpacking and settling are getting better each day. I will soon have most of the boxes unpacked. Still have the china cabinet boxes to unpack, wash and put in the cabinet. Maybe this week.

Have a terrific weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Talk to me!!