Translate

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Lace Everywhere!!

 I have been working on this idea for a long time and it is finally done!! I really like how it turned out. I used layers of vintage lace, beautiful Hoffman challenge fabric for the lining and some gorgeous buttons.


I also have a lace top almost done and hope to share with you soon. Can you see a vintage doily as a top?? How about many of them??? Another of those ideas that have been brewing for over a year. I am thinking about dyeing it yet to get some color cohesion. I may take pictures of it as is and get some feedback from you all.

Hope you are all safe during this weekend of Hurricane Irene. DD in SC is fine but I have not heard from my brother in Virginia Beach.

Blessings!!



1 comment:

  1. Karen dear, your bag looks GORGEOUS! I love how you did it, so pretty and lacy. I don't know about the addition of color though...this can go with EVERYTHING! And so romantic...just lovely.
    I have just gone down and caught up with your posts...I'm so sorry honey...You had a huge loss and my heart goes out to you and your family. I will be praying for you now...and praying the the Peace of God is with you to help and to heal.
    Hugs, Doni

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by! Talk to me!!