Translate

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Repainting, Embellishing, Repurposing Day!!!

 Today has been a day to get things done for me, not real exciting you are thinking but for me it was!! I finished off the top made out of doilies, tea dyed it and then hung it to dry, picture at right. No it is not a great picture but you get the idea.

Then I got out the trusty spray paint, remember Krylon, your fingers will thank you, for getting saving $$ on the cheap stuff at Wally!!

First up is a $4 tiered rack I got at the above mentioned store, it was black (UGH!!) Now I love it and can't wait to use it. Then there is the previously dark green plate rack that I got on my trip to Amish in April, I think it is much prettier in white and goes so much nicer in my kitchen!!

Finally is the sweet sewing stand that I got at a sale for $22. It was brown and in good shape but it need some white paint too. It will look so nice with something on top and some sewing goodies inside!! It even has built in spool holders for thread. Sorry didn't think to take a picture of that part!!

The last thing is more sewing I saw this cute top idea twice in the past two days and decided enough I was gonna try it. I have loved this tie since the day I got it and couldn't bear to cut it up and it looks so girly!! LOL Check out Craft Gossip today for the link and better pictures of this idea. Mine still needs a pretty button added to it. I also have another one laid out and ready to sew. Let me know what you think!!
Blessings!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by! Talk to me!!