Translate

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Lace egg


Here are pictures of my lace covered egg: I think this is either a goose or duck sized egg, no little chicken egg here!!! LOL I think it turned out cute, although I would do it different the next time. I am still not sure about using a glue stick to glue the lace down. I know that I will have to try another since I have plenty of lace scraps laying around the sewing room. I see it in pink lace too, painted or do I have some pink lace?? Tomorrow I am off to take a class in Shasiko bobbin embroidery, should be fun and inspirational. I will share if anything turns out nice.

2 comments:

  1. Nice egg, Karen,I see you are using cotton? Do you want me to send some freshly dyed synthetic lace to try?? Blue or pink?? :00

    ruby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen,

    Thank you for stopping by my little Bloglandian casa! :) Oh and thank you for trouble shooting the lace egg. I'm hoping to give it a try next week. The Easter Bunny union doesn't have a contract here. Easter is a big religious holiday but it's not celebrated with baskets, eggs. candy etc. So that means I can't find an artificial egg anywhere :( I put a request out to a friend who is coming down on the weekend. Here in the land of bling I can buy lace of all kinds and sizes, the ones I'm thinking about have a bit of stretch to them. I thought I would give it a try cuz the stretch should help with getting it wrapped smoothly on the eggs. I'll post unless it's a dismal failure :)

    Pattie ;)
    Mazatlan Mexico

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by! Talk to me!!