Translate

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

CQ Lesson Beading

I have been working like a little bee trying to complete Lesson 7 which is beading, one of my least favorite things to do. I maybe crazy but I think it is turning out pretty well. This first picture is a partial shot of my pincushion. I do not have the seam finished above the butterfly. Still a work in progress that I have ideas for.The second picture is the needlebook case with some beading added. It will still some SRE added to the right hand side that I cut off. Then we have the tin topper, I added pearls and the butterfly. It may get more this evening. A rose will go in the middle yet too.
Here are two pictures of Vickie's block. The top one is the whole block the second is a close up of the work I did. Below is my naked Season to Season block for CQ4N. I have to embellish half of it before I mail it on to Lesa for her to finish the other half and return it to me. This is the 4th and final block in the 4 seasons. Can't wait to get started on it.

Finally some goodies I picked up at JoAnn's. Bargains!! All of the trims were 25 and 50 cents a yard. The gorgeous glitter , more of a green then it shows here wa 50 cents. Love it!!!

Best of all these CQ classes have taught me to not be so uncomfortable with beading. I sat and beaded the other night and didn't want to stop to go to bed!!! How shocking!!

Hope you all had a great Mother's Day!! I got a card and flowers!! Also bought myself some gifts, new bathing suit and some new clothes, amazing the ones I have are becoming too big again. Can't beat that!!

Have a creative week.

3 comments:

  1. You're doing a great job Karen! Great finds at Joann's too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen your doing a great job on the class projects. I think they look wonderful. I am glad the beading wasn't so bad by the end. How exciting we are about to do the last lesson:)


    Ann Flowers
    flowerscrazyq@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you've become comfortable with the beading. I think my problem is I've been trying it without my tray and I'm losing stuff (beads, thread, needles,needle threader)
    These all are lovely! I'm leaving for a week. MIL is in Michigan.

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by! Talk to me!!